After a full day of being “home,” and as our bodies are trying to adjust to the time change from AZ to GA, I stopped for a minute to think about some things I learned. These things, in no particular order are just a few things that I feel really taught me about Me, my Wife, our Marriage, our Children, and our Family.
Here is, The List of Learnt Things.
- I can eat too much Rito’s, I think. I just haven’t experienced it yet
- BoSa Donuts Rock, they’re like buttuh
- Heart Attack Grill, has butter shakes.
- I gained 15 lbs just writing those first 3 on the list, oh wait I just blew the list of learnt things. I guess I learned I suck at lists. There.
- Jack has now had both of his birthdays, in AZ. He was born in GA. Go figure. Crap, there goes the list again.
- I’m still allergic to dogs, although not as bad as I used to be.
- Having a car for a family of 5 is a must, next year we’re renting! (Although we appreciate you letting us borrow your Acura pops)
- Geocaching. I can’t say enough about it. It’s seriously the best invention ever.
- I am probably one of few, who actually looked forward to going back to work, and I’m not saying that just because my boss reads this. Seriously. Maybe.
- I love gifts from my brother, this year’s 2 jersey gift was “the beeeesssst” (in a Nacho Libre kind of way)
- It’s awesome how the tallest guy, and the smallest girl can create an awesome bond, even if they’re 3,000 or 30,000 miles away from each other.
- Kiersten really is smart, like really. I mean the girl blogs, reads a ton, and gets us 3 stars on Angry Birds.
- You really need to “submerse yourself in the environment” when watching a scary movie, otherwise it’s just bad comedy.
- Good friends are hard to find, best friends are impossible to lose.
- Nothing beats eating dinner around the table. No matter if it’s home cooked tamales, or Panda Express.
- Family drama sucks, but no family with no drama sucks more.
- I have a great appreciation for people in service, with families. I can’t even begin to say… nevermind, saying anything in a ‘list’ will do absolutely no justice.
Gotta stop now. I may or may not be getting a little verklempt.
A few more for your list
-A $37 adjustment to a ghetto sound system can ALMOST make it sound like you’re at AMC
-VIRTUAL Geocaching is even cooler…how do you think the Tallest Guy found the Smallest Girl?
-You earned the crown “Super Geek” by joining ‘the Cloud’
-Your middle child can ride a bike with no training wheels, which means she’ll be driving your guys minivan by the age of 10.
-“Aggravation” is actually a sign of affection 🙂
LOL @ Aggravation being a sign of affection… unless it’s a board game that takes 4 hours to finish!
The tallest guy found the smallest girl when the tallest guy married the smallest girls smallest auntie 😉