I saw this idea from Kevin, a blogger who I just recently started following and who I find hilarious, his post gave me an idea to do the same thing over here, but for a much younger Me prior to Middle School AND High School.
The first 5 of these is just to help you with the next few years in Middle School, the last 6 are for when you reach High School. This should help a little bit to get you through to college.
- Don’t try to hide your copy of Run DMC, your parents have a rap-cassette-sniffer and will find that tape in that hidden floorboard panel and burn it. They will deny it. Keep it on your person at all times.
- Don’t try to split up 2 hamsters while they are “wrestling,” you’ll get cut.
- Remember that, although lighting rubbing alcohol on fire in the dark looks pretty cool, your sister’s nail polish remover that you’re burning is contained in a plastic bottle, which also burns.
- Seeing your father get to level 29 on the original Nintendo Tetris, is Epic. Embrace it. Cherish it.
- Yes, you’re the fastest running kid in your school, but a ten-speed will beat your dirt-bike in a 40 yard dash. 10 times out of 10. Keep your $5 and challenge the dude to a foot race.
- You’re just about to get into “going around” or “dating” or “going out” with the opposite sex. Keep in mind that twins should require at least a 2 year minimum in-between time. Not 2 weeks.
- Learn to like coffee ASAP.
- I know you think you’re cool with your Reebok Pumps, but just know that knocked back your parents $80, which they could have used on something better like oh say, a new bike for your younger brother to replace the one you trashed while trying to do a 360?
- Don’t even think about sitting next to that cute girl on the bus on the way to the band competition. You never know who just might be the girlfriend of the highly sought-after DE on the football team.
- Don’t quit soccer or football tryouts to spite your parents, only you lose.
- Don’t tell the girl you ask to the prom that she was the 2nd girl you asked. Don’t.