“Hey Buddy, how much do you love your mommy?” tweet
Jack: *looks around*
As a parent of 3, I couldn’t help but wonder exactly what he meant by that, so I just let it sit. I smiled, gave him a hug, and told him “that’s awesome, 12 is good.” But what is 12 to a 4 year old on the Love scale?
Here are my guesses:
- He thought I asked “How many cookies do you want to eat right now?”
- He completely ignored my question, and counted the grey hairs on my head.
- He told me the number of times he just passed gas.
- Since 10 seems like the most logical top-end answer, and since 11 is only 1 more… double the 1 more and you get 12.
- Because 1 dozen eggs are needed for 6 packages of brownies, and that’s what he wants. That’s what I want.
- I thought I could make a list of 12 things, but now I’m getting distracted. Dang brownies.
- Oh look, it’s super cold outside and a fire in the fireplace sounds really great. With a cup of milk and a brownie.
- Remember glow in the dark stars you could place on your ceiling? I think there’s at least 12 here in Jacks room.
- At least I used 12 on that last one, ok let’s get back on track.
- That’s how high he counted to in his head until he panicked because of my awkward stare and felt I needed a number answer.
- Because 12 disciples. No other explanation needed but my quota for “need something Jesus on the blog” is filled.
- His love meter really registers at 11, but since his love for his mommy is bursting at the seams. 12.
I really don’t know the meaning behind his 12, but I think any of the above save for 6-10 could be true. Either way I love it, and I love him.
I love him 12.